Enterprise Development & Corporate Responsibility
We are inspired to add value to our clients, our employees and the communities in which we operate, through constant innovation, training and sponsorships aimed to uplift and improve.
We are passionate about educating the Youth in our Province and in our beautiful country as we firmly believe that good Education is the KEY for a better future for everybody.
Throughout the year BCM Didgisol is involved in a variety of charity events and golf days in order to raise funds for numerous deserving causes in our community.
Our partners Ricoh South Africa are the proud sponsors the following Charities:
- The Love of Christ Ministries- TLC Is committed to aid any baby that has been abandoned or orphaned.
- 17th Squadron- 17th Squadron is committed to humanitarian and peace support missions.
- The Ricoh Pumas- The Ricoh Pumas is a developmental wheelchair basketball team.
- Mandeville- Mandeville is the flagship facility for disabled athletes in South Africa.
- The Howard Davis Yacht- This yacht is used to teach leadership skills via the Cape Windjammers.
- Ricoh Athletics Club- The RAC enables Ricoh to participate in national races.
Since our company was founded we have placed great importance on lowering the environmental impact we have on our surroundings and on society. Our commitment to sustainability is a part of our heritage, touching every part of our company, from manufacturing to distribution, business sites to recycling.
For nine consecutive years, Ricoh has been named one of the Global 100 Most Sustainable Corporations in the World. In addition to external recognition, we set tough targets for ourselves. We achieved our aggressive target to reduce our CO2 emissions by 20% by the end of 2010 and we are on track to achieve our long-term vision to reduce our environmental impact by 87.5% by 2050.
Ricoh is committed to contribute to a sustainable society by developing technologies to minimize the impact on the environment at every stage of our entire product’s life cycle. We believe that in the years ahead, the green credentials of a product will be key criteria in the buying decision of our customers, not only because of rising energy costs, but also in the view of moral and ethical considerations.
Responsibility towards the environment
We take our environmental responsibilities very seriously. From product design to manufacturing to packaging to energy consumption and right through to end-of-life product disposal, we do everything we can to reduce waste and conserve resources.